- To give the students the knowledge and skills required to recognise and maintain a safe working environment.
- To effectively manage an evacuation in the event of an emergency.
- To deal with an out-break of fire in its early stages and to liaise with the Fire Brigade.
The course will take the students through a range of fire related topics covering emergency and non-emergency activities and duties, which the fire marshal is expected to perform.
- The mechanics of fire, smoke and dangerous gases.
- Fire extinguishers and hose reel equipment.
- First aid fire fighting.
- Incidents involving flammable liquids and gases.
- Storage of flammable liquids and gases.
- Common fire safety features.
- Elements of compartmentation.
- Means of escape and Evacuation Procedures.
- Duties of the fire marshal in emergency, pre emergency and post emergency situations.
- Hazard spotting and elimination of bad practices.
Group Orientated to include lectures, formal talks and demonstrations. These are didactic in nature and place a strong emphasis on the trainer’s expertise and knowledge of the subject matter
Carefully selected members of staff who have been chosen to form a fire marshal team. The team should consist of members of the work force drawn from all areas of the premises ensuring no area is left un-represented
AV equipment and flipchart. Relevant video clips to emphasise the theoretical background. Comprehensive course handouts supplied if required.
Practical use with different types of fire extinguishers.
No. of participants: Max 12
Valid for 2 years