- To educate all personnel to the dangers of working at height and the precautions that they can take to minimise risk to all personnel
- To educate staff in the correct and safe use of ladders
- To provide Safe Systems of Work
- Understand the main aspects of Working at Height Legislation
- Harness and PPE Appreciation
The course will take the students through the correct use of ladders for different applications and alternatives based on task risk assessments. Also a range of work at height related topics covering emergency and non-emergency activities
- Work at Height Hierarchy
- Ladder Safety and Risk Assessment-Durationof tasks
- Appropriate ladder selection
- Ladder pre-use Inspections
- Climbing of ladders
- Working on Ladders
- Ladder maintenance and storage
- Ladder records and Logging
- Fragile surfaces and roofwork
- Equipment selection
- Emergency plans
- Suspension Trauma/Orthostatic shock
- Harness, Lanyards and PPE, correct use and fitting
To include lectures, video and demonstrations. These are didactic in nature and place a strong emphasis on the trainer’s expertise and knowledge of the subject matter.
This is an awareness course suitable for those employees who regularly use ladders and step ladders and have not received any formal training.
No. of participants: Max 12
AV equipment. Relevant video clips to emphasise the theoretical background. Comprehensive course handouts supplied if required.
Practical use with Ladder
Practical use with different types of Work at Height PPE.
Certification of attendance supplied