- To educate all personnel to the dangers of working at height and the precautions that they can take to minimise risk to all personnel
- To train staff to an approved standard - The training will be appropriate and be best practice
- To provide a Safe System of Work
- Understand the main aspects of Working at Height Legislation
- Harness and PPE Appreciation
The course will take the students through a range of work at height related topics covering emergency and non-emergency activities.
- The HSA Message
- Work at Height Hierarchy
- Anchors, Fall Factor and physics of a fall
- Working safely with ladders
- Fragile surfaces and roofwork
- Risk Assessment
- Equipment selection
- Emergency plans
- Suspension Trauma/Orthostatic shock
- Harness, Lanyards and PPE, correct use and fitting
- Pre use Inspections
- Equipment maintenance
To include lectures, video and demonstrations. These are didactic in nature and place a strong emphasis on the trainer’s expertise and knowledge of the subject matter.
This is an awareness course suitable for those employees who regularly work at height and have not received any formal training.
No. of participants: Max 12
AV equipment. Relevant video clips to emphasise the theoretical background. Comprehensive course handouts supplied if required.
Practical use with different types of Work at Height PPE.
Certification of attendance supplied